AMD Hardware Encoder for OBS Studio is a plugin that adds native AMD Hardware encoding to OBS Studio using the AMD Advanced Media Framework. It has been included in OBS Studio since OBS Version 0.16.0 and has reached full stable with plugin version 2.2.4 and above.
|CPU||AMD Ryzen 2.0 Ghz Single Core
AMD Bulldozer 3.0 Ghz Dual Core
Intel 2.0 Ghz Dual Core
|AMD Ryzen 2.0 Ghz Dual Core
AMD Bulldozer 3.0 Ghz Quad Core
Intel Haswell 2.0 Ghz Dual Core
|RAM||4 GB DDR3||8 GB DDR3|
|GPU||Direct3D 11 or OpenGL 3 compatible||Direct3D 11 or OpenGL 4 compatible|
|Disk||8MB of free space||8MB of free space|
|Other:||Installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributables (x86 and x64)
Installed latest AMD Driver
- Version 1.0: Initial public release based on AMD Media SDK which had a very basic UI.
- Version 1.1: Added support for key-frames and streaming and added more settings.
- Version 1.2: Improved the UI and rewrote parts of the code base for stability.
- Version 1.3: Upgraded the plugin to the AMD Advanced Media Framework and added presets.
- Version 1.3.3: Added the ability to reconfigure the encoder while encoding.
- Version 1.4: Complete rewrite of the UI and partial rewrite of internal code for stability and UI/UX experience.
- Version 1.4.3: Added support for multi-GPU systems to allow one GPU to encode and the other to render.
- Version 2.0: Completely rewritten from scratch with a much more modern code base and simpler UI, added support for H265/HEVC encoding, VBAQ and Pre-Pass, added GPU testing for features and supported values and fixed a lot of issues caused by 1.4.
- Version 2.1: Fixed support for full/pc range color.
- Version 2.2: Update to match newer AMD AMF SDK and support Pre-Pass, VBAQ and HEVC content properly.
- Version 2.3: Began blacklisting drivers that do not have the same AMF SDK version as the plugin.
- Version 2.3.1: Renamed ‘Bitrate.Target’ to ‘bitrate’ to allow odd OBS code to read bitrate.
- Version 2.4.1: Improved stability.
- Version 2.5: Update AMF to 220.127.116.11.